Dick B. is the author of numerous books on the alleged Christian roots of Alcoholics Anonymous. He is also the author of many comments mocking my testimony. And here is my testimony: Happy hell-bound homosexuals
“And they overcame him because of the blood of the Lamb and because of the word of their testimony…” (Revelation 12:11)
So, here’s another batch of “queer” insults aimed at me by Dick B., which I generally receive after posting articles refuting A.A.’s alleged Christian roots. There are many more of these “queer” slurs that Dick B. has sent to My Word Like Fire. ***
According to Dick B:
1. The thousands of Christians and other believers who help alcoholics and addicts do swallow a bit of the queer gospel from time to time. (1/23/13) (bold mine)
2. We’ve yet to see the queer seer relate the facts about what early AAs in Akron’s Christian Fellowship really did. (1/22/14) (bold mine)
3. Take the queer reasoning of just one “reformed” writer who talks about his word like fire. (1/23/13) (bold mine)
4. Some of these days, this queer writing will be replaced when people look at and understand Romans 8. It is not what Christians do. (7/26/12) (bold mine)
5. More queer comments from John L. (6/11/12) (bold mine)
6. But not for this queer continued search for all faults in all people in all parts of the spectrum–never pausing once to look in the mirror and shudder. Queer indeed. (6/11/2012) (bold mine)
Obviously, Dick B. is very angry. His years of scholarship have been called into question, and people no longer automatically receive his claims as valid. So he does what many of us do when we cannot answer with truth or facts–we go back to name calling.
For me, this has been Romans 8:28 in action. For a long time Dick B.’s taunts would evoke shame and fear. Now, at last, I just don’t care. It is back to warning Christians about A.A.
For more background: Related article ***